Lab Hours: Mon-Thurs 9-3 and 5-8
Welcome to week two!
- Review chapter 2 and questions on pg. 57
- Do all exercises in chapter 3: Advanced Organizing – automated features, importing from pdf’s, version sets, auto fix, smart albums and stacks
- Save all work on thumb drive
- Review chapter 3 questions on page 87
- Read chapter 4 and get ready to make memes
- See you all October 5th!
Well, you made it through the organization deep dive and survived. Thanks for your patience as we figure workarounds that aren’t in the book – there were some tough ones, but we did it!
You all did great and I’m glad to see your progress as we head into the [fun] editing section next week.
For those problems and questions that weren’t addressed in class, they are posted here:
Q: Why won’t facial recognition work?
A: Looks like PSE duped all image files on your thumb drive, to a watched folder on your PC/My Documents/Photos. This is a default we are trying to change by Thursday. There is a huge difference in the way a PC handles this application compared to a Mac. There is no comparison, Macs rule. However, we have been successful finding workarounds for most snags so far.
For other issues that I have not been able to duplicate in the lab or in my home office, here is a walkthrough with screen shots for steps 1-3 on pg. 52:
Hope you had fun going through lesson 3 for homework. I will be checking your thumb drives on Friday for:
– Penguin folder
– Zoo folder
– Day at the Zoo folder
– Smart Album: Best Animal Shots
– Lesson 3 tags
Another option is to to email me a screen shot showing these items in your Organizer workspace.